Has it been already a year?! 2012 sure went fast! As I did last year, here is a quick recap of what happened in 2012.
I took a leap of faith and moved to Hong Kong, my new home. I started a Master’s Degree program at a local university in the discipline of Social Science. 2012 has been a year of learning for me in terms of “Jewishness”. I have been traveling, exploring, and meeting various Jews in Asia and will continue to do so throughout 2013.
Some major 2012 highlights:
- Received a VIP tour of Hong Kong’s Sephardic style Ohel Leah Synagogue
- Visited Shanghai’s old Jewish Ghetto in HongKou
- Traveled to Kaifeng to visit Esther Guo Yan and Kaifeng Jews
- Started Introduction to Judaism class at the United Jewish Congregation of Hong Kong
I have been in full Jewish culture learning mode. In 2013, I plan to do the same and learn as much as I can about Jews’ culture and history. As of December 30 2012, I have the following stats.
- Blog – allofasuddenpartJew (52 Posts)
- Facebook – page under the same title (481 Fans)
- Twitter – account under the same title (218 Followers)
**Any mention of Jews and Chinese in this blog solely refers to the cultural and historical aspects of both groups. I am apolitical and agnostic and do not plan to be political nor religious in the future.**