Hello from Shanghai! Excuse the silence! But I have been pretty busy!
Spring semester ended with a loud thud. I’m not in Hong Kong right now but in Shanghai, my birth city, my beloved, hometown.
Spending the summer doing intensive Mandarin courses at Shanghai Jiaotong University.
I desire to accomplish the following in 8 weeks, let’s hope it is possible!
- Become Fluent in Mandarin (My reading and writing is horrible)
- Learn Judaism from a Chinese perspective at the Chabad of Shanghai
- Explore Shanghai to the fullest extent (all the fun places!)
- Research Jews in Shanghai History (all the scholarly places!)
- Travel to various Jewish China sites (Kaifeng, Harbin, etc.)
Until next week! Checking out!